Working with Teens & Adults
~ Trauma Informed ~
~ Trauma Informed ~
A Psychotherapy Approach that Embraces a Sense of Empowerment &
Focuses on Connection to Mind, Body, Self and Spirit
Services offered in person and remotely through VSee, HIPAA-compliant telemedicine technology - Used by NASA astronauts aboard the International Space Station.
Psychotherapy is offered on an ongoing basis & is covered by insurance, both remotely (VSee/Zoom/Skype) and in person.
Therapy Approach: Internal Family Systems, Heart-Centered, Body-Mind Connection, Spiritual-Psychic-Shamanic
Insurances accepted: BC/BS & Vermont Medicaid. For Private Pay please see Cost for Services for more information.
Models used by Supriya:
- A unique model developed by Supriya Shanti, LICSW
- Certified in Internal Family Systems (Inner Child healing, connection, and Recognition of Parts) Supriya is certified in level one of IFS with additional training of level two; this therapy system acknowledges the many different parts of a person. Through this method you will be supported to connect with your parts, to introduce yourself as the main person in your system, and to heal & integrate wounded parts. This will help you develop a healthy relationship with self and others. It will help you break relationship patterns and teach you to be a healthy, loving adult to yourself and those in your life. It will also reduce symptoms of depression, anxiety, and PTSD. If you didn't fully receive the love you wanted as a child, this method will help heal that. You will identify more with your wholeness through learning to treat yourself with love, respect, nurturing, and acceptance. If you find yourself not moving forward in ways you want to as an adult, or repeating the same patterns over and over again, or drawn to crisis and chaos, or always taking care of others, but ignoring yourself, you will benefit from this method. This system is not about "getting rid of" the parts of yourself, it is about loving, nurturing, and shifting in a way that works for the life you want today.
- Emotional Freedom Technique ~ A modality that is easy to learn and greatly assists in reducing anxiety, anger, depression, and other strong emotions that get in the way of daily life. EFT is a tapping system that releases the emotional charge of a situation, leaving you with the situation and a new perspective. It helps with mind patterns, negative thoughts & beliefs, things that seem real, such as "I can't do it" and traumatic memories, events, and feelings associated to them. Learn how to give "new jobs" to your thought processes, jobs that support what you want versus what you don't want.
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy ~ Goal oriented, helping you accept the challenges and differences in life while still working toward what you actually want. Supriya combines ACT and IFS, working with the parts of us that are protectors (avoidance characteristics) and with the parts that are committed (manager parts) to support you in reaching that which you actually desire. You will reduce defense mechanisms that are no longer helpful while strengthening characteristics that have you committed to reach the goals you want. Principles of ACT are Accept your reactions and stay present, Choose a valued direction (valuable to the individual), Take action.
- HeartMath ~ Self-regulating tools that create lasting change, decrease anxiety and depression, help you connect to yourself and your heart, finding power in your center.
- Mindfulness ~ Several techniques are used to assist in reducing anxiety, to help with daily stresses, and to increase coping skills for life's challenges. Included, but not limited to are taught and/or recommended; meditation, breathing techniques, guided visualizations, tapping, Reiki, movement with breath, chanting, gardening, art, journaling.
- Cognitive Behavioral Processing Therapy ~ Focuses on how you think, feel, and act; and how they relate to each other; how changing your thinking effects how you feel and how you feel effects how you act; step by step we work on this together and pretty quickly you will start to see changes in your life. You will also receive support around fears that come up that stop you from make changes.
- Somatic Experiencing ~ Working with sensations stored in the body, gently and slowly moving through the body to help you tolerate emotional, mental, and physical pain that exists due to a trauma. This model will also help you to identify the resources you have, which will help heal feelings of overwhelm, sadness, anger, and pain with the support and assistance of the therapist. You will rediscover / find resilience that can be applied for stressful situations.
Clients may request the use of a specific model that seems appealing, and/or Supriya will talk with the client about which seems most appropriate for the situation and readiness (of the client). It's common to utilize a combination of models.