~ Trauma Informed ~
~ Trauma Informed ~
A psychotherapy approach that provides healing & growth and helps you feel empowered in yourself and your life
accepting self-paying clients only for remote sessions
Click to set custom HTML
Therapy Models used by Supriya:
- Spirited Therapy a unique model developed by Supriya Includes all parts of self: the psyche, spirit, soul, mental, emotional, physical. We consider each person a whole, part of the greater universe and therefore utilize all that's available to explore with the intention of healing, for you to reach a feeling of empowerment within yourself. We recognize that we are much more than our physical bodies. Our soul is part of us. It goes with us wherever we go. We can work with it just as we work with our emotions, feelings, and physical body to understand it better, and to develop partnership between soul and the rest of self.
You can learn to set boundaries and skills that will protect you from unwanted energies, heal chakras, and block things, places, & people that are draining to you. You will experience a deepening connection to yourself and the world around you.
- Internal Family Systems (parts work) This therapy system acknowledges the many different parts of a person. Through this method you will be supported to connect with your parts, to heal, transform, and integrate wounded parts, and to appreciate all parts of you. It's not about getting rid of any; part of you. The focus is to heal the wounded parts and to allow your strengths to come forward in a way that supports you in the areas of your life that are important to you. It will help you break relationship patterns that are not helpful, allow you to become a more loving person to yourself and others. It works especially well with PTSD, depression, and anxiety.
- Emotional Freedom Technique A modality that is easy to learn and greatly assists in reducing anxiety, anger, depression, and other strong emotions that get in the way of daily life. EFT is a tapping system that releases the emotional charge of a situation, transforms beliefs that aren't serving you, brings in new openings for possibility, new thought patterns that serve you well, shifts traumatic memories, events, and feelings associated with them.
- HeartMath A simple, yet powerful breathing technique that helps you connect to your heart and center. It's an excellent self-regulating technique that creates lasting change, reduces anxiety and depression, and helps you feel connected to yourself, allowing you to find healthy self-power.
- Mindfulness Several techniques are used to assist in reducing anxiety, to help with daily stresses, and to increase coping skills for life's challenges. Including meditation, breathing techniques, guided visualizations, tapping, Reiki, movement with breath, chanting, art, and writing.
- Cognitive Behavioral Processing Therapy Focuses on how you think, feel, and act; and how they relate to each other; how changing your thinking effects how you feel and how you feel effects how you act; step by step we work on this together and pretty quickly you will start to see changes in your life. You will also receive support around fears that come up that stop you from make changes.
Clients may request the use of a specific model that seems appealing, and/or Supriya will talk with the client about which seems most appropriate for the situation and readiness (of the client). It's common to utilize a combination of models.